DarkUmbra Official Rules
1. We are a multi-cultural community of various faiths and beliefs.
Racism, sexism, or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated.
2. No offensive material.
Pornographic, explicitly violent content or links to such things will be removed immediately along with your posting ability.
3. Absolutely no flaming, trolling or ridiculing of members.
4. We have a wide age range of members.
Accordingly, choose your language, avatars and signatures carefully. Anything deemed offensive or in bad taste will be removed by staff.
5. No spamming or flooding
This includes but is not limited to: referral links, links to advertisement sites, pay-per-click sites.
This also includes links in users signatures, about me pages, and profile comments and fields.
Offenders will be put on moderator approval.
6. Multiple posting.
Double posting is discouraged however chain posting will be merged. Please make use of the "Edit" feature for adding to your latest post.
7. This is an English speaking forum.
All posts must be in English or accompanied by an English translation.
Txt speak is greatly frowned upon. Examples of this include: "r u going 2 da party 2nite?".
8. Respect the hard-working staff.
ANY aggression, insolence or disrespect towards our hard working staff will not be tolerated.
9. Every Moderator action is a private matter.
If you disagree with a Moderator's decision, please PM them about it privately. Public topics targeted at moderators or moderator actions will be deleted.
10. Ignoring or abusing staff PMs or IMs
Ignoring staff attempts to contact you will have consequences.
Sending content that breaks any of the herein mentioned rules via PM/IM is not permitted.
Do not PM staff regarding support issues. Please use the appropriate forum for this.
11. Posting Links
Any links to files or media should be enclosed in hide bbcode tags. For example:
[hide ] http://google.com [/hide ]
will appear as:
Please label the title of your thread with the host that you're using.
Threads/Posts that include 'Premium Only' Links Must be marked as such.
Nothing in violation of the herein mentioned rules is permitted to be posted regardless of hide tags.
12. Warnings and Warning Points
Each violation of the rules will result in warning points.
Depending on the action a certain number of points will be awarded.
Accumulating enough points will earn you a consequence ranging from posting disabled, to indefinite permaban.
13. Moderator Discretion
The staff reserve the right to take down any content that is deemed inappropriate.
Staff will provide reasons to the other staff/admins when removing content.
14. Shoutbox Conduct
Although it is not completely disallowed, please keep swearing to a minimum. Members will not harass other members in the shoutbox. Any harassment or cussing directed towards other members will result in a shoutbox ban between 3 days and 2 weeks long at the staff's discretion. After, should another incident occur, a shoutbox perma-ban will be issued. Should the harassment still continue, the infracting member will receive an irreversible site-wide perma-ban.
15. Posting of URLs on the forum or in Shoutbox, Status Updates or Personal Messages
The following rules apply to any links posted anywhere on the forum, in the chat, status updates or personal messages. ONLY the following links are permitted:
- Links within DarkUmbra.Net
- Links to YouTube videos or playlists
- Direct image links, such as url/image.jpg or url/image.png
Links to external forums/communities are not permitted anywhere on the forum, chat, status updates or personal messages. Soliciting DU members for other sites is strictly prohibited and will result in an irreversible site-wide perma-ban.
16. Regarding news posting
There are a few specific rules and guidelines to follow for posting news articles and reviews in the Gaming Lounge.
- Do not use any swearing or obscene language in the opening post. This is because this post will be displayed on DU's portal, the front page. If you have something you need to say that you feel needs some of those words included, please post it as a comment after the article.
- Although news articles are primarily posted by News Hounds, anyone may post a news article if it follows these guidelines.
- News is not to be considered "reserved" for anyone. First person to find and post the article posts it and that is that. Please do not fight about this, especially in the public shoutbox.
- If an article includes outside links, either reformat their article and place those links inside hide tags, or remove them altogether.
- You must include a source at the bottom of the article, before your own comments.
We at DU value our great community of dedicated and hard-working members. Our rules are not unreasonable so we expect that all members abide by them as we want everyone to have the best DU experience they can.
The administration team reserves the right to make changes to the rules with or without proper notice.